1) Official Playing rules for PRIMETIME Softball Tournaments will be the National Federation of High School Rules.
2) A Players Age on JANUARY 1ST of the season will dictate their age group for that season. The only roster limitation is a player can only play on one team, and in only one age group in any tournament.
3) All Pool Play and Bracket Games will be 1 hour 30 minutes time limit. No inning can start after the time limit, current inning will be finished. All Championship games will have a 2 hour time limit.
4) Home team for pool games shall be determined by coin flip. Higher seed will have the choice during bracket play. Tiebreakers to determine seedings for bracket play are as follows: a) Overall won-lost record b) Head to Head c) Least number of runs allowed d) Run Differential (+/-8) max Allowed e) Coin Flip
5) Tournament Director may modify the number or length of games when necessary due to weather, field or scheduling issues.
6) Field Dimensions: 10u – 35 feet, 12u – 40 feet, 14u/16u/18u – 43 feet. All bases will be 60 feet.
7) There are no pitching restrictions. Coaches are responsible for the health of pitchers by monitoring their pitch counts and innings pitched.
8) If a game is tied after the game time expires, the game is will go down as tie in Pool Play. When regulation innings have been completed, and time remains, we will use the California Tie Breaker Rule: Each team starts the inning with a runner on second base, 1 out, 1-1 count on the hitter. The runner on second will be the last batted out from the previous inning. There will be one inning, if the the game is still tied, it will go down as a tie. In bracket games, each inning will be played this until a winner is determined.
9) Intentional Walks, there will be no pitches thrown, notify the umpire, and the batter will be awarded first base.
10) Ejection – If a player is ejected during a game, the player will remain in the batting order and count as an out unless the team has a substitute not yet in the lineup. All players and coaches that are ejected will be required to sit out the next game. The tournament director can waive the suspension on the coach only if he once ejected the coach leaves in a professional manner.
11) If a player is injured (as ruled by the umpire) and is unable to continue playing, their spot in the batting order shall be skipped with no penalty. Once the player leaves the game, they are done for the remainder of that game. If a team did not roster bat, they can enter a player into that spot in the order.
12) Mercy rules for 10/12u age groups – 6 inning games: 15 runs after 3 innings, 8 runs after 4 innings.
13) Mercy rules for 14u/16u/18u age groups – 7 inning games: 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings, 8 runs after 5 innings.
14) Bats must meet the BPF 1.20 or the 98mph certification. 2 1/4 barrel diameter.
15) Team lineups: a) Team can bat nine b) Can use 1 or 2 EH’s in your lineup c) Roster bat. d) Can use DH in any lineup scenario. e) In all lineups, there are free defensive substitutions. Even if a player is not in the hitting lineup, they can play defense. If the DH plays the field, the player they are hitting for is removed from the game. Re-entry rule can be used with the removed player.
16) If a game is called due to rain, weather, light failure in the case of a night game or other acts of God and cannot be resumed, it is a regulation game if: 6 inning games: (3) Innings – 2 ½ innings if home team leads: 7 inning games: (4) Innings – 3 ½ innings if home team leads All games that do not become official will be declared a suspended game and will resume from point of suspension.
17) Cancellation Policy Any team that withdraws within 90 days of a tournament will not receive any credit or refund. Once a tournament is posted as sold out, any team that withdraws will not receive any credit or refund.
18) Refund Policy a) No Cash Refunds b) If tournament is fully cancelled due to weather, entered teams will be entitled to full credit to another Primetime Tournament. If your team plays/starts only one (1) game due to weather, you will be given a 50% credit towards a future Primetime tournament. The credit, if no room is available for current year, credit will be allowed for following year. Credits are good for one year and may be transferred to another team. Primetime must be notified of transfer. No refunds/credits if 2 or more games are played/started.
19) Admissions Schedule – Tournaments may have daily admission and offer weekend passes. All admission sales are final. No refunds issued for weather related changes or any other schedule changes. Inwood Sports Complex, Romeoville High School and Dupage Medical Group Stadium all have admission fees.
- Daily Admission – $7 Adults $5 Children
- 2 Day Pass – $10 Adults $8 Children
- 3 Day Pass – $15 Adults $10 Children
- 4 Day Pass – $20 Adults $12 Children
- 5 Day Pass – $25 Adults $15 Children
20) Make sure to email a copy of your insurance and a copy of your teams roster for the event you are participating in prior to your first game. *Bring copies of your player’s birth certificates to the tournament. If there is a question on a players age, you will be required to prove it. Thanks – Primetime Tournaments